Last updated: July 09, 2021
At The Really Great Brand Company (RGBC) we take data and information privacy seriously. We are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently in accordance with the POPI Act. We respect our clients, visitors, service providers and other business partners, and value the trust they place in us to process their personal information.
This Policy explains how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information, as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPI”) No 4 of 2013. Personal Information is information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person or juristic body, or to identify an individual in context.
“Account” means a unique account created for you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
“Company” (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to the really great brand company, 2 Braeside Road, Kenilworth Cape Town 7708.
“Cookies” are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
“Country” refers to: South Africa.
“Device” means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
“Personal Information” is any information, as defined by POPI.
“Service” refers to the Website.
“Service Provider” means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analysing how the Service is used.
“Usage Data” refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
“Website” refers to RGBC, accessible from https://rgbc.co.za
“You” means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While engaging with us, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
In general, the Personal Information you provide to us is used only for the purposes for which it was collected, for example:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage your Account: to manage your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- For business transfers: We may use your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the website.
Usage Data may include information such as your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device.
We would like to use your information to keep you informed about other services which may be added to our portfolio of offerings, and which may be of particular interest to you. However, you have the right at any time to prevent us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you do not want to receive such services information, please email email@example.com. You may opt out at any time in the future if you don’t want to receive any further communications of this nature [by either unsubscribing or opting out in the opt-out page of the site]
You may also give or withdraw consent at any time and tell us what your communication preferences are by contacting us at the number/address provided below.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences or your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how you can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies
- Type: Session Cookies
- Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Cookies Policy/Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure your personal information is secure.
We use a variety of physical and technical measures to keep personal information safe and prevent unauthorised access to or use or disclosure of it. Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems with control over access to information using both physical and electronic means.
While we take all reasonable steps to ensure personal information will be kept secure from unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee it will be secure during transmission by you to a website or other services, as we do not control that transmission.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information we remain responsible for is kept secure.
We have policies and procedures in place which must be followed by our staff in the event of a serious data breach. Should such a breach occur, all relevant parties will be notified as soon as is practicably reasonable.
However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of encryptions, firewalls and secure server software. By using our site and services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will only retain personal information for as long as is necessary and as permitted by applicable laws. We will retain personal information while we are using it, as described above. We may continue to retain it after we have ceased such uses for certain legitimate business purposes. We may also continue to retain your personal information to meet our legal requirements or to defend or exercise our legal rights.
The length of time for which we will retain your personal information will depend on the purposes for which we need to retain it. After we no longer need to retain your personal information, it will be deleted or securely destroyed.
Your rights: Access to, deletion of, rectification of, and limiting processing of Personal Information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply contact us at the number/address listed below and specify what information you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. In certain cases, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You may do this by contacting us at the number/address provided below. Please note that, if the personal information concerned must be held by us to comply with legal and regulatory purposes, the right to deletion or objection will not always be available to you. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you.
Links To Other Websites
If you have questions about this Policy or believe we have not adhered to it, or need further information about our privacy practices or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the following number/address:
Telephone number: 021 797 5450
Email address: Info@rgbc.co.za
Postal address: Suite 238 Private Bag X18 Rondebosch 7701